Saturday, February 12, 2011

Charcoal

This week I'm starting my first February concentration piece. Instead of doing another acrylic painting, I've decided to switch to charcoal. I'm a little worried that its going to look out of place with my other work, but at the same time, I think it will be good to show a little more diversity within my concentration. I definitely forgot how difficult charcoal was, though. So many fingerprints all over the paper! But anyways, I hope it will turn out well!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I agree. Charcoal is really hard. I sort of get into this mood where I really want to do a piece with it, but then after I finish it's always a long time before I feel that way again. It's the "not being able to erase well" part, I guess. Loved your dancer piece from last month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really happy that you are working on a piece that doesn't include horses (no offense to the horses) but I was starting to think that that was part of your concentration. The birds will be a great change and I really like where it is going!

    ReplyDelete