Saturday, March 12, 2011

National Scholastic Art Awards

Yesterday the National Scholastic Art Awards were announced. I got a gold key for my "Layers of Pain" piece on domestic violence. It's a painting I did in Art 3/4 for the social commentary project. I am pretty proud of it but I'm still shocked that it did so well! And, it turns out, that all the national award recipients are invited to a ceremony at Carnegie Hall in New York! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to go to that! I've never been to New York and I would love to spend a few days there. Metropolitan Museum of Art, anyone?

 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I especially love the arm in the very front, with the shading and all of the white highlights. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVA-- Congrats!! I hope you'll be able to attend the ceremony in New York, what an experience that would be. Not sure if you knew this, but if you do plan on going to art school, some offer scholarships (thousands of dollars per year) if you have ever received Gold Keys at National Scholastic. Just something to keep in mind! Great work once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so awesome! so so so cool!! CONGRATULATIONS! you are amazing. it would be so cool to get to go to the ceremony! such a good experience. you would have so much fun. but either way it is so amazing! good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva, Congratulations! I love this piece, your work is amazing and the national gold medal is well deserved. Have fun in New York if you end up going! It'll be a wonderful experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! thats so exciting. Congratulations, I hope you can go. It's a well deserved opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete